What is Student Life (junior high)?
We know the junior high years can be tough! Our mission is to come alongside families to actively prepare junior high students to become passionate followers of Jesus Christ.
In a world where parents and kids want to “just make it through junior high ALIVE”, we know God has empowered us to do more than that. He wants our students to thrive in their walk with Him!
What we do
Our ministry is committed to these core values:
- have Bible-centered teaching that encourages students to find and follow Jesus Christ,
- be developmentally appropriate and culturally relevant,
- prepare students for decision making,
- encourage real and quality Christian friendships,
- grow relationships with students’ families,
- develop a service mindset that flows out of relationship with Jesus Christ, and
- provide a safe environment with trustworthy adults.
How to get involved
Junior High — sit with your family! We meet on Monday evenings to allow students the opportunity to worship with their families on Sunday mornings. We value learning to worship as an adult by being with other adults in worship. On Sundays, we also encourage parents to help their students explore their gifts and serve one time per month in our church body on Sunday mornings.
Monday Nights are for students only
On Monday nights we have a BLAST with peers while we grow in our relationship with God and one another. We do this through student-led worship, wacky games, engaging and interactive large group teaching and small group Bible study. Our curriculum is focused around the themes of faith, relationships and choices. Student Life meets from 7:00pm to 8:30 p.m. Feel free to arrive at 6:30 p.m. for hang-out time.
What would a youth group be without retreats?! Thrive has a weekend retreat in January or February. The retreat is for the kids to get away from the pressures of everyday life and grow in their walk with God and friends.
Click here for more info about Winter X-treme in January 2018!
Need more information or have any questions? Please contact .